I wanted to write about Hooligans! But instead I am going to rant on about the damn media and the way that they portray the youths of today.Young people are constantly being criticized; they are the bad behavior of Britain!!!
I believe that this is because of the media; it influences people’s opinion and sparks controversy. The media was once an adults world, but I now see the ‘schoolies’ reading the metro on the bus in the morning (That was not what I was doing at their age)
The metro im sure would spark conversations within schools. So... what happens when the media is so negative towards young people and reporting on the drink and drug use of young people let alone the latest crime statistics. Young people have enough pressure to deal with besides the stereotypes put on them. Also
Why has it come to the point that bad behavior has to be rewarded for people to learn or change?
- If you be good you can have some sweeties.
- If you lose weight you can treat your self.
- If my child is stealing maybe I should give them more money.
If you are a heroin addict but you don’t have the money to buy your drugs but your parents love you so much that they don’t want to see you suffer – give them the money they need for the drugs…..
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/mum-heroin-and-me-channel-4br-the-british-transport-films-ndash-a-nation-on-film-special-bbc4-971247.html
Or
If you only hit someone over the head with a bat, you will serve just a small sentence in a young offenders institute but, You will have your own TV, you can have your own room, meals twice a day, your own toilet and if you are on your best behavior you can take you play station too, Don’t forget the gym, which you pay for out here.
http://www.cjsonline.org/offender/walkthrough/
Come on…
There was a time when people were scared of prison.
Every young person needs a holiday now you can have one you don’t have to pay for of you probably get educated better in there than in our schools. Why not just close the schools down get the teachers working in the YO’s holiday camps for all. YAY!!
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23586823-details/Teenagers+blame+cushy+prisons+for+crime+rise/article.do
Young people grow up witnessing and living within bad behavior from birth to death. Who's parents are perfect? Whose home, school, neighborhood or local shop never had trouble or some form of bad behavior in or around it? My neighborhood was and still is renown for it as i am sure I will go into a little further throughout the module. Although I witnessed a lot of bad, unhealthy and dangerous behaviour and had no choice but to grow up with it from a young age, that does not mean I am willing to go out murdering people, selling drugs, robbing from the elderly or beating up people younger than me because I want their iPod. (I have my own)
So how can young people be victimized because of the society we created? Please help me with this; the media we watch, read and listen to it is all too much for me.
I could suggest many things to help society change and support young people to choose the right path, but it does not begin with me. Society needs you!!!
I did want to share this Check it out I did not spend to much time looking, Lmao make it mandatory for the young ones, very different world we would be living in then:
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/behaviour.html
That will have to be all from me for now, I am going to bore and rant to someone else.
Thank you!
http://www.medialit.org/reading_room/article199.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4693674.stm
No comments:
Post a Comment